Here you'll find information and news about events that are coming up in the near future - scroll down to read the latest news.
The Rugeley to Bordeaux Cycle Challenge!
St Augustine's Church and friends supporting recovery in mental health.
Saturday 20th October 12.00pm - 4.00pm The great Rugeley to Bordeaux Cycle Challenge will be taking place outside Tesco, Rugeley.
There is little or no adequate support for people suffering with poor mental health in Rugeley. Services are centralised elsewhere and out of reach.
St Augustine's church and other local churches around Rugeley, Brereton and Armitage, together with a host of local friends and partners are:
Working to connect other groups working to make things easier for people suffering from poor mental health.
Creating communities of hope, made up of people who belong and are valued for who they are.
Providing support through befriending and peer support. These groups provide friendship and activities which support wellbeing.
Providing a free counselling service called "The Changing Room" Call 075 9125 7737 for an appointment.
Fighting stigma - holding events, convening forums of other local support groups and raising public awareness.
This is how you can take part:
1. Book your time slot on one of the 12 spinning bikes that will be outside Tesco on the day by calling 077 8995 5833 today! The are 96 x 30 minute time slots available
2. Download your sponsor form here
3. Get family, colleagues and friends to sponsor your cycle. We suggest either a lump sum or £X per 5 minutes for a total of 30 minutes (you can, subject to availability, book a double slot of 60mins (1 hr) if you are feeling super fit!)
4. Turn up 10 minutes before your allocated time slot on the 20th Oct at Tesco, Rugeley.
5. Collect your sponsorship money and either drop it off at St Augustine's Church Office Tuesday mornings 9.00am - 12.00pm leaving your name and a contact phone number.
Pay it into the following bank account:
Lloyds Bank, Rugeley
Name of account: St Augustine’s Church, Rugeley General
Sort Code: 30-91-58
Account No. 01360986
“Our local communities are full of fantastic people. We will welcome and work with anyone seeking the common good in order to make our communities even better places to live."
The Flying Vicar!
On Saturday 29th September our Team Rector, David Evans will be doing a skydive! He is raising money for the community work of the parish (Brereton and Rugeley) in Staffordshire (Diocese of Lichfield). We are actively building 'communities of hope' with local people through:
A counselling service for people living with anxiety, depression or struggling with bereavement.
Befriending and support groups for people who are lonely, isolated and suffering with poor mental health.
Supporting some 40 house-bound elderly people through regular visits by volunteers.
Supporting our local schools with volunteers supporting pupil’s learning and development.
Keeping church spaces open and welcoming for people looking for some peace and comfort and a place to belong.
Becoming a hub for people wanting to give something back to their community through their time and talents.
The Recovery Group
The Recovery Group meets on the First and Third Wednesdays of every month at 7.00pm at St Augustine's Church Hall. Welcome, Friendship, Space to Be. If you are living with anxiety or other mental health difficulties, this group is for you.