Here you'll find information and news about events that are coming up in the near future - scroll down to read the latest news.
Parish Family Day
On Saturday 8th September we are having the second Parish Family Day at St Augustine's Church, Station Road, Rugeley. Amanda Milling MP will be opening the event at 10.30am. The event brings the community together. There will be games, activities, performances by local school children, the "Big Community Tent", a beer tent, a pamper tent and much, much more! Do come along and join in the fun.
“Our local communities are full of fantastic people. We will welcome and work with anyone seeking the common good in order to make our communities even better places to live."
The Flying Vicar!
On Saturday 29th September our Team Rector, David Evans will be doing a skydive! He is raising money for the community work of the parish (Brereton and Rugeley) in Staffordshire (Diocese of Lichfield). We are actively building 'communities of hope' with local people through:
- A counselling service for people living with anxiety, depression or struggling with bereavement.
- Befriending and support groups for people who are lonely, isolated and suffering with poor mental health.
- Supporting some 40 house-bound elderly people through regular visits by volunteers.
- Supporting our local schools with volunteers supporting pupil’s learning and development.
- Keeping church spaces open and welcoming for people looking for some peace and comfort and a place to belong.
- Becoming a hub for people wanting to give something back to their community through their time and talents.
The Recovery Group
The Recovery Group meets on the First and Third Wednesdays of every month at 7.00pm at St Augustine's Church Hall. Welcome, Friendship, Space to Be. If you are living with anxiety or other mental health difficulties, this group is for you.